Monday, January 30, 2012

Scripture of the Day - January 29, 2012

Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

We've all used the expression, "I wouldn't miss it for the world", when we want to emphasize that this event, whatever it may be, is of utmost importance to us. Nothing is going to get in my way. Nothing is going to hold me back. Nothing is going to stop me from making it to this event. This is my focus, this is my goal. I wouldn't miss it for the world!

John had just written a beautiful description of the new Jerusalem that he saw coming down out of heaven. He stated who was not gaining entrance and who was.

Now I ask you...would you miss heaven for the world? Are the things of this world so alluring to you that you are willing to miss heaven over them? Are the things of this world holding you back from reaching heaven? Do you think pleasing your natural desires is more important than pleasing God...than having your name written in the Lamb's book of life?

Jesus has gone ahead to prepare a place for each and every one of us. I want to keep my name on that reservation. Don't you?

~Mary Hynes~


Daily B.R.E.A.D.
(Bible Reading Enriches Any Day)
Today's Scripture reading - Exodus 7 & 8, Mark 1 and Psalm 15
Tomorrow's Scripture reading - Exodus 9 & 10 and Mark 2

For more information on Scripture of the Day, Daily B.R.E.A.D or if you just want to know more about Jesus, visit www.hopelighthouse.ca.

May the Lord richly bless you,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment