Friday, April 13, 2012

Scripture of the Day - April 13, 2012

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom...
Acts 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Jesus Christ is the judge of all people.

But wait! He is also our advocate!

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous...

Jesus Christ will judge all sin one day and the penalty for sin is death. Seeing as it's not His will that any should perish He gave Himself as the sacrificial offering to pay the price for our sins. 

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

He is my everything, He is my all,
He is my everything, both great and small.
He gave His life for me.
He made everything new.
He is my everything, none other will do.

~Mary Hynes~


Prophesies for Today Series!
Thursdays @ 7:30 pm
Sobeys Community Room, Elizabeth Avenue, St. John's, NL

Daily B.R.E.A.D.
(Bible Reading Enriches Any Day)
Today's Scripture reading - Joshua 18 & 19, Acts 14 and Psalm 52
Tomorrow's Scripture reading - Joshua 20 & 21 and Acts 15

For more information on Scripture of the Day, Daily B.R.E.A.D or if you just want to know more about Jesus, visit www.hopelighthouse.ca.

May the Lord richly bless you,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment