Sunday, July 8, 2012

Scripture of the Day - July 8, 2012



Matthew 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord...
23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me...


If Jesus is not Lord of everything He is not Lord at all. You can't claim Him to be your Lord if you are not going to obey Him. Jesus said if you love me obey my commandments. It's easy to say "I love you" but you prove your love, or lack of it, by your actions. If you refuse to obey Him, even when you claim to love him, on that day of judgement He will say to you depart from me, I never knew you. God doesn't play games and we shouldn't either.

~Mary Hynes~

Understanding What We Believe and
Growing in our Christian Faith
This short series by Pastor Tim Hynes will be held in the basement of 
Lighthouse of Hope UPC 161 Park Ave. Mount Pearl
Tuesdays at 7:30 pm
We look forward to seeing you there!


Daily B.R.E.A.D.
(Bible Reading Enriches Any Day)
Today's Scripture reading - 2 Chronicles 4 & 5, 1 Thessalonians 3 and Psalm 93
Tomorrow's Scripture reading - 2 Chronicles 6 & 7, 1 Thessalonians 4

For more information on Scripture of the Day, Daily B.R.E.A.D or if you just want to know more about Jesus, visit www.hopelighthouse.ca.

May the Lord richly bless you,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment