Sunday, June 24, 2012

Scripture of the Day - June 24, 2012



1 Timothy 2:5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus...


I am so glad I know to whom I need to go to plead my case for me. My poor mother told me that you pray to Mary then she goes to Jesus then He goes to the Father. But GOD says there is one mediator and that is Jesus. You see God came to reconcile the world unto HIMSELF, not any one else. God manifest HIMSELF in the flesh, He didn't send someone else. Oh yes, God sent His son...but don't you know that the 'son' is the flesh, the human body of Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, not born of man but born of God, His only begotten. Jesus made it very clear that He is God Almighty come in the flesh." If you have seen me you have seen the Father", He told Philip. And again He said "I and my Father are ONE" He didn't say he was a second person in a triune God. He declared HIMSELF to be God. 
We don't need to be confused about to whom we should pray. Go straight to Jesus, savior of the world.

~Mary Hynes~

Understanding What We Believe and
Growing in our Christian Faith
This short series by Pastor Tim Hynes will be held in the basement of 
Lighthouse of Hope UPC 161 Park Ave. Mount Pearl
Tuesdays at 7:30 pm
We look forward to seeing you there!


Daily B.R.E.A.D.
(Bible Reading Enriches Any Day)
Today's Scripture reading - 1 Chronicles 5 & 6 Ephesians 3 and Psalm 86
Tomorrow's Scripture reading - 1 Chronicles 7 & 8,  Ephesians 4

For more information on Scripture of the Day, Daily B.R.E.A.D or if you just want to know more about Jesus, visit www.hopelighthouse.ca.

May the Lord richly bless you,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment