Friday, June 8, 2012

Scripture of the Day - June 8, 2012


Exodus 22:29 Thou shalt not delay to offer the first of thy ripe fruits... 

What part of first do we not understand? First means before anything else. 
But, but, but... you don't understand... I have to pay my bills first then I'll give a little of what's left over. I have to get this done first and that done first...I'm on a deadline...I'll do the God things when I have time. I have to, I have to, I have to...
What I have to do is put God first. Jesus told us point blank not to fret over the natural needs of life, if we put Him first He will make sure all those needs are taken care of. 
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Folks, we need to take God at His word and trust Him to take care of us. 

~Mary Hynes~


New Series!

Understanding What We Believe and
Growing in our Christian Faith
This short series by Pastor Tim Hynes will be held in the basement of Lighthouse of Hope UPC 161 Park Ave. Mount Pearl
Tuesdays at 7:30 pm
We look forward to seeing you there!

Daily B.R.E.A.D.
(Bible Reading Enriches Any Day)
Today's Scripture reading - 1 Kings 22 & 2 Kings 1 and 2 Corinthians 7
Tomorrow's Scripture reading - 2 Kings 2 & 3, 2 Corinthians 8 and Psalm 79

For more information on Scripture of the Day, Daily B.R.E.A.D or if you just want to know more about Jesus, visit www.hopelighthouse.ca.

May the Lord richly bless you,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment