Saturday, September 29, 2012

Scripture of the Day - September 29, 2012



Philippians 3:14  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

I heard someone preach that we have to 'focus on God's promise rather than our sacrifice.' This can be difficult when life throws at you one sucker punch after another. You end up spinning in circles wondering where you are and where you ought to go. Some of us go around in a punch drunk stupor, barely hanging on by a thread... but we are hanging on! A spider can dangle by one thread and so can we if that thread is attached to God. Here is my thread for today...I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus! I am going to forget those things which are behind, can't do anything about it anyway, and reach forth to those things that are ahead, for the promises of God will never be broken, they are a sure thing. Each day I will add a thread till I reach the prize, the crown of glory, everlasting life with Christ my King.

~Mary Hynes~

Daily B.R.E.A.D.
(Bible Reading Enriches Any Day)
Today's Scripture reading - Isaiah 5 & 6
Tomorrow's Scripture reading - Isaiah 7 & 8 and Psalm 129

For more information on Scripture of the Day, Daily B.R.E.A.D or if you just want to know more about Jesus, visit www.hopelighthouse.ca.

May the Lord richly bless you,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment