Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Scripture of the Day - October 10, 2012



2 Peter 3:18  But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

We cannot stay spiritual babes our whole lives, we are expected to grow...grow in grace and grow in knowledge. One of the ways we grow in knowledge is to study the Word of God, it's essential, we won't grow without it. God will also teach us through experience. As we move through the Word of God and attempt to apply it to our lives we are bound to make mistakes. The main thing is that we learn from these mistakes. My little tag at the bottom of these emails is a tongue in cheek saying of this very principle. "I'm thinking of making a few more" does not mean I am going to purposely aim to make mistakes, rather it means I am going to keep trying even though I will more than likely make more mistakes. I'm not going to let fear of failure immobilize me. I've learned from past mistakes and I am going to press forward. Will I fail? YES, but I declare...   Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. Micah 7:8

~Mary Hynes~

Daily B.R.E.A.D.
(Bible Reading Enriches Any Day)
Today's Scripture reading - Isaiah 27 & 28 and Psalm 134
Tomorrow's Scripture reading - Isaiah 29 & 30

For more information on Scripture of the Day, Daily B.R.E.A.D or if you just want to know more about Jesus, visit www.hopelighthouse.ca.

May the Lord richly bless you,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment